Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ellen A. McBarron Recreation Faclity, Marstons Mills MA (Testing out the Burley Cart!)

My friends Julie & Drew were kind enough to lend me their Burley cart for the summer. I got it assembled about a week ago, but it took a few more days to get a helmet for the Kiddo, and then we got busy. Today, I finally got a chance to take it for a test drive.


I was concerned because Kiddo had NOT been into the helmet at all. We're talking serious banshee-level shrieking when I tried to put it on him at the store and in the house. I did a big show of putting my own helmet on. I even hit my head (while wearing the helmet) with a board a few times to show him the advantages. This amused him greatly.

Fortunately, once he was sitting in the cart and belted in, he was pretty accepting of the helmet.


I was just planning on a test spin around the parking lot of the school across the street, but Kiddo was having so much fun that we ended up riding the sidewalk all the way to the Ellen A. McBarron recreation facility, a Town of Barnstable facility with a soccer field and a track.


The cart handled great, and the Kiddo had a blast. I'm definitely looking forward to taking it to some of the local bike trails.

Tomorrow, the plan is to walk/stroller to Osterville for a free concert at the library, but the weather may not cooperate. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad it's working out for you. Peter loved the Burly, too.

    ReplyDelete