Sunday, September 4, 2016

Review Recap For August 28 - September 3 2016

This was a short week at school, as we had a day off for Vietnam's National Day on Friday. We went to Vung Tau for the long weekend, where I did manage to get in some reading, so hope to have more book reviews soon. I also reviewed a restaurant I ate at this week, as well as putting up a review for another restaurant that we visited back in June in NYC.

On Comic A Day

True Believers Star Wars #1 from Marvel Comics. This is a new Star Wars adventure featuring most of the original series main characters. It takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

On Goodreads

Polar Bears Past Bedtime by Mary Pope Osborne, a Magic Tree House adventure set in the Arctic. I read this with the Kiddo, and it was one of my favorites of this series so far.


On Trip Advisor

El Luchador: A quick lunch stop for some Mexican food near South Street Seaport in New York City.

Soul Burger: A Motown-themed burger joint looking down on Ben Thanh Market in Saigon's District 1.

Also This Week

I'm supporting Mike Rees and Cycle For 16 in their efforts to raise funds to help children in medical need here in Vietnam.

Looking Ahead

The weekend in Vung Tau was loads of fun. I took something like 600 pictures. I've already posted a small selection of my favorite photos on Instragam (I'm @dandelionstudios there). The rest will be be going up on Flickr this week.

Coming up Friday of this coming week is my school's Mid-Autumn Festival event.

Next trip is to Singapore in early October, then probably followed by a school MUN trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.


No comments:

Post a Comment