Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review Recap For September 18-24, 2016

Lost our home internet service for a few days, which cut into this week's reviewing. It did give a bit more time for reading, and I ended up finishing up the Catherynne Valente novel I'd been making my way through.

On Goodreads

Silda the Electric Eel, from Adam Blade's Seaquest (AKA Deep Dive) series. This is the latest chapter book I finished reading with the Kiddo.

The Boy Who Lost Fairyland. Book 4 in Catherynne M. Valente's Fairyland series, this installment went in something of a different direction, with a new main character and more of the story set on Earth rather than in Fairyland.

On Comic A Day

Pirate Shorts. Just in time for Talk Like A Pirate Day, I reviewed this cute minicomic that I picked up at Anime Boston eight years ago (and ended up reading halfway around the world.

Upcoming

I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately, so I'm taking a bread with Bao Ninh's The Sorrow of War, which is an account of the Vietnam War from the point of view of a North Vietnamese soldier. Great so far.

Trips coming up: Singapore for Fall Break, and then the ISPPMUN Model United Nations event in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with students toward the end of October.

We're also planning a family trip to Cambodia for sometime in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment