Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review Recap for August 14-21, 2016

This was my first week with students (after the school's opening got delayed a couple of days due to ongoing construction). Work went well enough that I didn't find myself bring piles of it home, but it was still an exhausting week. In the midst of all of the day-job stuff, I did manage to finish reading a book I'd been working on all summer, and I also got a couple of items in the unread comics stack read and reviewed.

On Goodreads (crossposted to Amazon.com)

A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. This is the third volume in A Game of Thrones. I started reading this on the flight back to the USA in June and have been reading it on and off all summer. I actually lost my paperback copy, bought a replacement, and discovered that the replacement copy was one of the split TV tie-in editions that only contains half the book. So I ended up buying another copy to finish it. Glad I ended up liking it!

 On Comic A Day

Maintenance FCBD 2008: A Free Comic Book Day edition from Oni Press in 2008, telling the story of a couple of regular maintenance workers at a very mad-science lab.

Drafted: Free Comic Book Day Edition: Another 2008 FCBD book! I own a LOT of these! I must have been pretty busy that day in '08. This was from Devil's Due Publishing (DDP), and presented an interesting first-contact story as Earth is drawn into an interstellar war.

Also This Week

I wrote up a blog entry on my use of Twitter in my social media series. I also made time to do a little photo safari today, and came back with a few good shots that are posted in this album on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment