Sunday, March 11, 2018

Weekly Recap For February 18-March 11 2018

Things have been busy.

We had a great time hosting friends on our Chinese New Year break week. Among the sites we visited were the Shanghai Natural History Museum, the China Art Museum, and Zhujiajiao Ancient Town.

We finally got to see Black Panther, which opened in China this past Friday. Great movie! I'm excited that I will be going back to see it again as part of a school trip in two weeks.

From there, the day job has kept me pretty busy, so I missed a couple of these recap posts and have only had a few new reviews.

Book Reviews on Goodreads

Into the Wild (Warriors #1) by Erin Hunter. (4*).

Comic Reviews on Comic A Day

Total L.A. Tot: A Palindramas Collection by Dan Mazur. (7/10).

Myths Stories (Chinese Classical Stories Series) by Xiao Li and China Intercontinental Press. (7.5/10)

Supporting


I am supporting the author Diane Duane's request for financial assistance through her sale of ebooks on her Ebooks Direct store.

In response to the Parkland Florida tragedy, I am supporting the Victims Fund and March For Our Lives.

I am also supporting medical fundraising for my friend Robbie Bowers.

Looking Ahead

Three busy weeks of the day job and then spring break. It looks like we have settled on a trip by train to Suzhou and Wuxi, which are a relatively short distance from Shanghai.

We'll be traveling during Wrestlemania, so I'll be late catching up on that late. As mentioned above, I'm heading to see Black Panther for a second time in a couple of weeks with students. Other movies I'm looking forward to: A Wrinkle in Time, Pacific Rim 2, and of course Avengers: Infinity War.

Summer plans are beginning to come together, and still have us in New England USA for 4-5 weeks starting mid-June.

No comments:

Post a Comment