Sunday, March 12, 2017

Review Recap For March 6-12, 2017

Another week where I managed to get in a few reviews. I also finally started to get caught up on photo processing. I've had a backlog of photos going back to the trips we took in late December and early January. Here are the photo sets I've gotten posted this week from December's trip to Cambodia:

 Photos from the Aeon Mall in Phnom Penh are here.

Photos from the National Museum in Phnom Penh are here.

Photos from Phnom Penh's New Years Eve fireworks are here.

And finally, the rest of the pictures I took in Phnom Penh can be found here.

I still have a lot of follow-up to do from those two trips, including Tripadvisor reviews, some more detailed blog entries here, and a bunch more photo sets.

In the meantime, here are this week's reviews.

On Goodreads

Saigon Sketches: A travel and art book about Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, written and drawn by Eleanor Burke.

Quick update: I've read 13 books so far in 2017, which puts me ahead of pace for my goal of 55 books in the year. The book I'm currently reading (The Source, by James Michener) is quite long, but I'm taking breaks from it occasionally to read some of the shorter books in the to-read pile. I have a number of books in that pile that I'm planning to give away so that I don't have to take them back to the US, so right now my emphasis is on finishing books that are longer and that I'm not planning to keep.

On Comic A Day 

Jughead Comics: A Night At Geppi's Entertainment Museum: Free Comic Book Day Edition: An Archie Comics special set at Geppi's Entertainment Museum in Baltimore MD.

The World Builder: A science fiction short story in zine form by Brett James.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth: Book 5 of the popular graphic novel series by Jeff Kinney.

Quick update here too: I have a bit less than 60 comics in the unread comics stack, so I'm on reasonable track to get that stack finished off before I head back to the US in June.

Also This Week

I'm supporting my good friend Rachel Schwartz in her efforts to raise money to support urban farming in London, UK.

Upcoming

My last Model United Nations conference of the year is this coming weekend, here in Saigon.

Trip to Hanoi, Halong Bay, and Sapa has been booked for the first week in April.

We head home to the US around June 17. We'll have a bit more than a month, mostly in New England, before we'll be leaving for Shanghai sometime in late July. I currently have tentative plans to attend the Port Con Maine convention June 22-25 in Portland ME.







No comments:

Post a Comment