Saturday, March 4, 2017

Review Recap for February 19 to March 5, 2017

I had a pretty productive week going as far as reviews and making some progress on prepping for the first revision of The Lady of Three Faces at the end of February, but I proceeded to get sick last week. I spent most of last week dragging myself in to the Day job and not having the energy for much else. I'm feeling better now, so hope to be back on track with reviews and some writing this week.

But since this recap covers some productive days before I came down with whatever bug I had, here are some reviews that I did accomplish.

On Goodreads

Kraya the Blood Shark by Adam Blade: The fourth book in Adam Blade's Deep Dive/Sea Quest series that is quickly becoming one of the Kiddo's favorites.

On Comic A Day

Love & Capes #7 Free Comic Book Day Edition: A romantic superhero comedy by  Thomas F. Zahler from 2008.

The Death of Antisocialman Chapter 12 Preview Pages: A promotional freebie for the Death of Antisocialman series by Matt Feazell and Walt Lockley.

World's Finest #159: Classic silver-age Batman and Superman story from 1966.

The Sleeplessness: Full-color horror comic by Jay Kennedy.

Also This Week

I'm supporting my friend Nakita Lashaun Caruso, who is looking for help funding her driving lessons so that she can improve her life and the lives of her two children.

I'm slowly getting caught up on posting photos from the two trips we took around Christmas and New Years. Photos from the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, can be found here.

Upcoming

The trip I've been hinting at for a while has been booked! We're headed to Hanoi, Vietnam, on April 2, for a week-long trip that will include an overnight cruise on Halong Bay, and a trip to Sapa. Can't wait! This will be our last excursion in Southeast Asia, at least for a while, as we prepare to head to China in late July.

Before China, though, we'll have a few weeks back in the US. Those travel arranges are currently being finalized and it looks like we will be arriving in Boston around the 18th of June. Tentative plans include traveling to Maryland, and a father/son road trip to Maine. Other than those, we'll be sticking to our usual stomping grounds of Boston, Cape Cod, and New Hampshire.

Also coming up: Camp Nanowrimo! I just signed up for this, and it's my first time trying it out. My goal is a complete second draft of my Asian-themed middle-grade fantasy/steampunk novel, The Lady of Three Faces. My handle on Nano is rsilva444, so look me up if you'd like. I am already in a cabin being organized by an author I know.







No comments:

Post a Comment