Sunday, October 21, 2018

Recap For October 14-21 2018

The first quarter of the school year is in the books! I'm having a bit of a recovery weekend as we move into the second quarter. Things to look forward to: Book fair, Halloween festivities, science fair, and two long weekends. One of those is an unexpected one. Schools in the area are being closed for two days during the International Import Expo, a gigantic trade show happening right in our neighborhood that will include a visit by President Xi Jinping. So we get two days off for that in early November, but we'll be in school for a makeup day on a Saturday in December. We also get a regularly scheduled holiday on Black Friday, which serves as our official Thanksgiving holiday. On Thanksgiving day we have a normal school day, but the students get turkey and pumpkin pie for school lunch.

Our Christmas travel plans are... in flux right now. We're considering a major change in plans, but my passport is currently in for renewal, so we're waiting a couple of weeks before making any real decisions.

In the meantime, I'm one book away from my goal of reading 70 books in 2018! I'm also making decent progress on the Random Stack of Unread Comics. Here are my latest reviews:

Comic Reviews on Comic A Day


Marvel Legacy #1 from Marvel Comics.

Wulflorne: Elegy For Innocence: The Coldest Winter from Modsprocket.

Neil Jam #14 by Neil Fitzpatrick.

I also wrote an entry on a wedding invitation minicomic that I somehow ended up with.

Supporting

I am supporting Ari Rivera with help getting out of financial difficulties and and abusive situation.

On Kickstarter, I'm backing two comic projects:  Rival Angels Series 3 Season Finale by Alan Evans, and Circadia by Jenn Dugan. Both of these are funded with a bit more than a week left to go.

Upcoming

There is a new Wechat group organizing sealed and draft Magic: The Gathering here in Shanghai, so I'm looking forward to getting in a bit more gaming in the coming weeks. Also looking forward to the continuing busy WWE season as we get Evolution, Mae Young Classic, NXT Takeover, and Survivor Series coming soon. I got to see the first episode of NXT UK, so I'll be following that as well to see how it develops.

As mentioned above, travel plans are very much up in the air right now. There is a possibility of one or two short trips to nearby cities on those upcoming long weekends. Hope to have an update on Christmas plans soon!

Follow Me

@dandelionstudios on Instagram
Rsilva444 on Flickr
rsilva on Boardgamegeek
rsilva on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment