Thursday, January 18, 2018

Photo Collages From 2017

I started this around New Years last year, and managed to do it again this year. This is a set of collages from my travels in 2017. I did a collage for each country I spent time in, plus an additional collage of just wildlife photos.

I technically started 2017 in Cambodia, but I was on a bus heading for the Vietnam border on New Year's Day. We only had two weeks between our Christmas break and Tet break, and during that Tet break, I went to Bangkok, Thailand for a job fair. We managed to fit in some sightseeing around the business portion of the trip.

Here are some of my best photos from Thailand:


















And a sampling of Thailand's wildlife:
























I didn't end up landing a job for 2017-2018 at the Bangkok job fair, but I did get hired pretty soon after, from there it was a race to finish things up in Vietnam and get ready to head to China in July!

Part of that finishing things up involved finally getting a chance to see a bit or northern Vietnam. On our spring break, we took a trip to Hanoi, Halong Bay, and Sapa, and that trip supplied most of the photos for this Vietnam collage:
 

















And here are some of the wildlife photos I took in 2017 in Vietnam.






















In June we flew home to New England, USA for our annual summer visit. It was frenetically paced and full of lots of visits with friends and family, plus a bit of sightseeing that included Annapolis MD, New York City, Philadelphia, Hampton Beach NH, and Cape Cod MA.



I managed to get some wildlife photos during our travels around the northeastern USA.



And then on to our next big adventure: China!



Aside from one business trip that I took to Shenzhen, we've stayed in Shanghai, but there is plenty to see here, including some opportunities for a bit of wildlife photography even in this massive city.



Last up: These are my picks for my best nine photos of 2017. Enjoy!



You can see more of my photos of travel, nature, and geekery on Flickr and on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment