Saturday, December 3, 2016

Review Recap For November 28 To December 3, 2016

This week was all about meeting goals.

I am officially a 2016 Nanowrimo winner! I made my goal with exactly 50,000 words, and also achieved my secondary goal which was to tell a complete story. In fact, as I got closer to the end, I realized that I could go with another slightly sillier goal, and managed to end my story such that word #49,000 was "THE" and word #50,000 was END. As you can see from the graph, I fell behind for most of the month, but managed to pull it together in the end. Synopsis and excerpt for my novel, The Lady of Three Faces, are here.


A few days after that, I achieved the goal of my 50-book reading challenge that I set for 2016 on Goodreads. You can see the list of books I read here.

My other goal has been to secure a new teaching position for the 2017-2018 school year. This seems early to the thinking about that, but most of the international teaching hiring for next school year is happening in the next month or two. I have made some good progress on this goal this week, and hope to have some news in the next few weeks.

I also got back to doing some reviewing.

On Comic A Day

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: Rebirth #1: The first issue of the new Batgirl comic from DC.

Mockingbird #5: A fun, snarky tale from Marvel.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1: An all-ages crossover from DC and IDW.

On Goodreads

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress: A science fiction classic by Robert A Heinlein.

Coraline: A dark fairy tale by Neil Gaiman.

Also This Week

In addition to participating in Nanowrimo, I am donating in support of their programs for young writers. You can donate here.

Upcoming

The holiday season is fast approaching, and we're in the process of planning a trip to Phnom Penh and Kep, Cambodia. We're also looking at other destinations for our Tet break in January/February.








No comments:

Post a Comment