Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer 2012 Begins: Chowdafest in Hyannis

So... um... Today is Fathers' Day (wishing a happy day to all the Dads out there!), and when I logged onto this blog, I discovered that the last entry was from, well, Fathers' Day last year.

I'm going to try to do better than that.

Anyway, it's been a good year.

Last Sunday was, in some ways, the traditional kickoff of the summer season here at Ogremoot. My school had their graduation the day before, which was the last event I was required to attend. At that point, my remaining duties consisted of straightening up my room and turning in my grades (which, as of this writing, both got done on time, so I am officially done with work for the summer!).

The day after graduation, last Sunday, was the WCOD Chowderfest in Hyannis.

So off we went to the Melody Tent to sample some chowda!


Here are Gynn, Miranda, and the Kiddo, and a shot of the Kiddo enjoying some chowda!


This year's entertainment was by Cape African Drum and Dance, who put on a great show!



We've had a few other summer adventures this week. I'll be catching up on those and getting to some writing talk soon! I promise not to wait until NEXT Father's Day for another entry!

Now off to go spend the afternoon with my Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment